In this part of the world, having a lawn that looks like a golf course is an obsession with some people. In order to get that look they dump chemical fertilizers on their lawns which pollute ground water and are generally harmful to health. What we all should really be doing is growing vegetables instead of grass, especially if you're like me and have a tiny, postage stamp front yard. How many vegetable gardens do you see in front yards? Not many. How many people actually step foot on their front yards other than to mow or fertilize it? I've seen in my area some chinese people who have beautiful front yard gardens. They're usually quite small but overflowing with produce. They must look at Americans and think what idiots we are for not taking advantage of this opportunity to have grow free food. I have to admit that I'm not much of a gardener, someday I would like to plant vegetables in my front yard. All I have right now is is a small raised bed garden that is 3 cedar boxes stacked at different angles and filled with soil. I got the idea from a gardening book, and we get a surprising amount from it. As far as my lawn goes, we don't use chemicals- we use W.O.W. from Gardens Alive. It's a corn by-product, is safe to let children play on and id non-polluting. The lawn isn't perfect but it's not bad and it improves every year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, that's a pretty nice lawn ya got there!
Post a Comment