Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Vitamin C
I'm certainly no expert on vitamin C, but I believe that it's very important to good health. We need to be taking far more than the RDA, which is less than 100mg per day. Probably 3000-6000mg if we're feeling well, triple or more if sick, is what's needed. Just recently I've had two situations where we used vitamin C with excellent results. I've have seasonal allergies (hay fever) for 30 years. I've used the usual over the counter medications and natural cures like local honey, and drinking large amounts of water, with limited benefit. I did some research and decided to try vitamin C. Now you can't take small amounts if you have an acute situation like hay fever, a cold, or flu- you need to take alot. I worked my way up to a peak of 25,000mg one day, but most days I've been around 9,000-15,000. Incredibly, even with that amount I had no adverse reactions. From what I've learned, if you're sick your system needs large doses to fight it and will use it all. What a difference. Along with a lot of water which has an anti-histimine effect, the allergies are basically gone. If I feel them coming on, I'll take 1000-2000mg and it's like taking a benadryl without the drowsiness. You have to keep your blood saturated with C, so I spread out the doses throughout the day. If I wake up at night I'll take one. If you try this, you'll need to take as much as you can to get rid of the symptoms. If you get diarreah, cutback. The other situation was with my daughter. She's had a urinary tract infection (we're sure because we went to the emergency room and the test was positive), so we started giving her 1000mg every hour or so. In one day the pain was gone. We kept giving her 3000-4000mg per day for several days afterward just to be sure. She's seven and takes 1000-2000mg per day as a maintenance dose. Vitamin C has strong anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. If you're interested in learning more about it go online and research Linus Pauling, 2 time nobel prize winner, and Dr. Fred Klenner. Klenner wrote dozens of papers on how he cured polio, carbon monoxide poisoning, burns, mononucleosis, hepatitis, snake bites and many more ailments with large doses of vitamin C given intravenously. Also check out http://www.cforyourself.com/. Of course the medical establishment will try to discredit most all natural cures and vitamin C is no exception. Personal experience and observation is meaningless to them, they've got to have double blind placebo controlled studies. All I can say is it works for me. Hopefully I'll get a real bad flu next winter and be able to see if C cures it. (kidding).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very interesting. Will have to forward to Dr. John as he completely agrees with this profound statement in your post:
"Of course the medical establishment will try to discredit most all natural cures and vitamin C is no exception. Personal experience and observation is meaningless to them".
Not sure where to place your blog in my favorites~~may have to create a new category!
M.
Post a Comment